At Wineservice we never disclose details of our mailing list or customer base to any other organisation. All the information collected, when you first register or shop with us online, is to enable us to give you the highest level of service possible.
Wineservice Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Wineservice Ltd may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 17 th February 2016.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and title;
- contact information including email address;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests; and
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see below.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping; we may use the information to improve our products and services;
- we may periodically send promotional emails, with your consent, about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided; and
- occasionally, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have navigated through these links, we have no control over external websites’ content. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- As part of the registration form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for direct email or postal marketing purposes; and
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or using our contact form.
We will not distribute your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Semper Fidelis Mews
Wire Mill Lane
Surrey RH7 6HJ
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies by accessing your browser’s tools. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our and others’ websites.
If your web browser is set to accept cookies, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or alerts us when you visit a particular part of our site. Cookies allow websites to respond to you as an individual. The website can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
- COOKIE Description
- The association with your shopping cart.
- Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
- Your preferred currency
- An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
- An indicator if you are currently logged into
- the store.
- An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
- Stores the Customer Segment ID
- A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
- You sesssion ID on the server.
- Allows guests to edit their orders.
- The last category you visited.
- The most recent product you have viewed.
- Indicates whether a new message has been received.
- Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
- A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
- The store view or language you have selected.
- The products that you have recently viewed.